Translate

Sunday, 6 January 2013

Chick Flick Galore!

Sundays are usually my chill out days (unless I'm working of course!) and I tend to spend them watching a bundle of dvds. I have quite a large selection of chick flicks (what girl doesn't?!) and tend to watch them through my xbox in bed :) I thought I would do a post of some faves:

1) She's The Man: "Trouble with your wig Hastings?"
ANYONE who knows me well enough, knows that She's the Man is my all-time favourite film!
I was introduced to this film by my friend Nina back in year 10 and it was love at first sight.
Amanda Bynes is a comical genius and Channing Tatum is such a hottie!
It is the one film I can watch over and over and I never tire of it and I can pretty much quote it word for word. I have definitely watched this film well over 1,000 times ;)

2) Going The Distance: "This isn't a moustache, its a time machine"
Definitely my second favourite film! It is absolutely hilarious all the way through :)
The banter between the characters is spot on, Drew Barrymore and Justin Long's chemistry works brilliantly and the two best friends are hilarious too.


3) How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days: "Our love fern! You let it die!"
I just love the story behind this film, having a woman drive a man insane for a magazine article whilst he makes a bet to make a woman fall in love with him. For all those men out there who think their girlfriends can drive them crazy at times, you will be grateful to have her after watching this! Bahahaha.

4) A Cinderella Story: "Austin Aimes with m'lady! A devastating blow...a worthy opponent!"
This is my favourite film to chill out on a Sunday with. A brilliant modern day twist on the original version.I absolutely love Hilary Duff films :) Fun fact for you guys, the guy who says the quote I've shown is Howard from The Big Bang Theory!


5) You've Got Mail: "Don't cry Shopgirl. Don't cry" " I wanted it to be you so badly"
A wonderful film about two people who are against each other in reality, but on-line they develop a romance without knowing it is their enemies. I absolutely love Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan in this film together, so cute!

6) Clueless: "Dig this! They're charging for brewskies!"
An absolute classic! If you have not seen this, you are not a true girl! ;)

7) Step Up: "You Montell, you Jerry Springer and I'm like-" "-Jenny Jones!" "No, he's more like  Alan" "Yeah except Alan gets more chicks than he does! HAAAAAAA!"
Best dancing! This is the film where Channing Tatum met his wife, how adorable!
I absolutely love the dancing in it, specially two parts:
1) Where the two of them dance at sunset
2) Where Jenna Dewan dances alone in all black. Epic dance numbers!
8) Breakfast At Tiffany's: "I don't want to put you in a cage, I want to love you!"
Another classic of mine. This one I have to watch on day where I'm snuggled up in bed and there is heavy rain outside :) Also Audrey Hepburn's rendition of "Moon River" is beautiful!

9) John Tucker Must Die: "My name is Lucritia!"
4 girls getting revenge on a serial cheat! Also Penn Badgley back in the day before Gossip Girl :)

10) Easy A: "I gotta pocket, gotta pocket full of sunshine"
Emma stone is definitely the next Amanda Bynes, so naturally I love her in this film.
A girl who decides to help out her gay friend by pretending they slept together and the velocity of rumours spreading about her "sex life". Also the parents in this film are brilliant too. So cool!
Fun fact: The guy who plays Brandon is also the guy who plays Carter in A Cinderella Story ;)

11) What's Your Number?: "I'm happiest when I'm myself and I'm myself when I'm with you"
When Ally reads a magazine article saying that the average amount of sexual partners a woman has is 10, she starts to make a list of the people she's slept with. Not wanting to go over her number, she decides to track down her past lovers to see if they have got better over the years, with hilarious results! Normally I'm not usually that keen on Anna Faris but she is brilliant in this film! Also Chris Evans is a hottie!

12) A Walk To Remember: "You are my angel"
A beautiful story based on Nicholas Sparks novel of the same name. I have read the book but I think the film is much better! Also Mandy Moore sings a song "Only Hope" and she sounds like an angel!
This film always moves me to tears!

13) Mean Girls: "Four for you Glen Cocoa! You go Glen Cocoa!"
Of course! Another film that if you have not seen, you are not a true lady! Bahahaha.
I would say this is probably the most quotable film of all the chick flicks!
And all the girls in the world can relate to this because there is always this sort of clique when you grow up. Now every time I hear "Jingle bell rock" I think of Mean Girls.
Lindsay Lohan at her best, before she became an absolute mess!

14) The Perfect Man: "I will always be here for you"
Another fave of mine with Hilary Duff. It's about a girl who's Mam gets herself into relationships and then when they end, she uproots her kids and herself and move to other places. So Hilary Duff hatches a plan to pretend to be a secret admirer to prevent her Mam from being desperate and rushing into another relationship so that she doesn't have to keep moving around and how these lies progress into a huge mess. There is a song near the end called "Collide" which is so beautiful :)
* all images taken from Google and Tumblr
So there you have it! :)
Phew! It was a hard decision to narrow down the huge pile of them that I have but I've managed.
There's absolutely LOADS out there that I am a fan of but these are the main ones I watch.
Anyway all this talk about chick flicks has made me want to watch some more now. So I am off to watch "The Perfect Man" and enjoy the rest of my chilled out Sunday :)

10 comments:

  1. Ooh this is just what I needed! Your suggestions are going to do the trick for the rest of my school holidays :D

    Lovely blog! Check me out?
    lucid-stars.blogspot.com

    Much love, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loove this post. I'm so ashamed to say I've only seen a small handful of these films. I'm such a rubbish female sometimes! There's a few on this list that I've been meaning to see though, so thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe I'll let you off XD
      No bother, glad to have reminded you XD xx

      Delete
  3. I love Easy A & She's the Man two of my favourite films ever! they're amazing!

    Lovely blog :)following you now!

    love ness xxx

    http://butterflykites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous :DD I love it too :)
    Xxx

    Carolina

    www.the-world-c.blogspot.com + JOIN MY GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love This Post! Added to my Favorite Bookmarks :) Thank You, You Are AMAZING!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you :D glad you enjoyed it! xx

      Delete

All comments are read, replied to and appreciated XD
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment lovelies! <3
xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,Blogger...